In this section:Sign up to our newsletter Subscribe
Supplier name: Wilsons Auctions Ltd
Publication date: 1 December 2021
Commitment to achieving Net Zero
Wilsons Auctions Ltd is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2050 at the latest.
Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
Emissions Reduction Targets
In order to progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets:
- Smart lighting in each owned site
- Smart meters for recording data for utility services
- Video conferencing utilised to reduce business travel
- Company fleet replaced with full electric vehicles
- HGV’s to be replaced with ULEV’s
Carbon Reduction Projects
- Our environmental management system across the UK and Ireland is UKAS certified to 14001 and is audited annually. It focuses on objectives and actions on areas that will have the most significant environmental impact both in the short and long term.
- We will work towards achieving 100% renewable electricity contracts for all owned supplies
We plan to implement further measures which will continue to drive down emissions. We are considering several initiatives and those listed below are some examples of areas we are discussing.
- Build awareness amongst our workforce of the impact of their decisions on our journey to net zero
- Reduce gas / oil consumption by replacing heater systems with panel heaters, air source heat pumps or solar thermal
- Procure 100% renewable electricity for owned sites
- Reduce business travel by air, rail and road through effective measurement and developing a sustainable travel policy
- Support employees to switch to electric vehicles
- Actively quantify carbon emissions from commuting and working from home via a rolling employee survey and use this as an opportunity to decrease scope 3 emissions via employee engagement
- Work with suppliers to encourage them to set their own carbon reductions targets