Wilsons Auctions are the largest independently owned auction house in the UK and Ireland. With 8 auction centres across the country we are continually expanding and currently have an exciting role available within our Newport Branch.
Reporting to the Stock Supervisor, the successful candidate will ensure that all storage locations per site are well kept, compliant with the buildings health and safety policy and clean and presentable at all times.
Hours of work: 9am - 5pm Monday-Friday (outside work on request with overtime)
Job Criteria/Key Skills: Organisation is essential. The successful candidate must have GCSE Mathematics and English, Grade C or above. The successful candidate must be competent in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel & Word.
Duties & responsibilities:
1. Security clearance - Security clearance must be granted before we can employ any persons in this roll (3 – 6 weeks wait time).
2. Organisation - It is your responsibility to ensure that your work area is clean and tidy at all times. There must be an organised and systematic approach to working, in which the candidate is forward thinking and efficient. Work planning and working to agrees schedules is essential.
3. Stock control - You are responsible for in-going and outgoing stock in your area, performing stock takes and producing reports of stock to any department who requests this. Items should be correctly entered onto Auction Management System prior to sale. This system is constantly evolving so an interest in technology and ability to keep up with the times is essential.
4. Liaison - Communication is vital between all key business areas. Progress is to be documented and reported on a regular basis and when requested. The candidate should provide an auction support function which would entail labelling items prior to sale, being available to hand out collections.
5. Computer literate - You should be competent in Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Planner.
6. Health & Safety - Safety concerns should be raised with your immediate superior or Line Manager. Occupational Health and Safety training is an advantage. Possible sources of injury are to be identified and raised to the appropriate person. Your work area must conform to 5S and be free of clutter and potential hazards.
7. Security - You must lock the room at all times of non-occupancy. You are responsible for the security of items being processed, Wilsons Auctions property and any items in the care of Wilsons Auctions. It is your responsibility to regularly check the security of stock in your area.
8. Processing stock - You will be required to assist with the consent chasing of all stock and have a proactive approach in informing the Asset Recovery Department Manager and Asset Recovery Department sales team of items needing revisited.
9. Cover - You will be required to cover other members of staff if requested and be flexible in your approach to working.
To apply for this position please forward your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org