Wilsons Auctions are the largest independently owned auction house in the UK and Ireland. With 8 auction centres across the country we are continually expanding and currently have an exciting role available within our head office in Belfast.
Outline of Role
This is a permanent full time position based at our Belfast branch.
Wilsons Auctions has a requirement for an accounts assistant specialising in credit control. Daily duties may include some of the following as well as other tasks as needed:
- daily reports on debtors for each branch
- follow up calls to ensure customers adhere to credit terms
- decision making on further action including suspension of buyer accounts
- follow up letters and legal proceedings as required
- liaison with department managers to tidy up incorrect or unusual items on the debtors ledgers
- maintain the non auction debtors for all branches including similar processes to ensure payment
Applicants should have experience of credit control, debt collection processes and decision making, the court systems and working with solicitors as a requirement of the role.
Assisting with holiday cover is part of all staff’s duties for the department and occasional attendance at other branches may be required.
The candidate will likely display some or all of the following:
- Intermediate excel skills
- Ability to work independently to tight deadlines
- 2 or more years experience of working in credit control
Details of Company and Finance Team
Wilsons Auctions Limited is a family owned business which was founded in 1939. The business has expanded to include sites in the Republic of Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England. It holds a Deloitte Best Managed Company Award.
It is involved in the auction of a wide range of assets including cars, property, commercial vehicles, plant and machinery.
The finance team consists of a Financial Controller and 8 Belfast based staff. In addition limited finance support resources are located on each site, primarily for cash management processes. The team work 9.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
Please forward a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 18th July at 5.00pm