Wilsons Auctions are the largest independently owned auction house in the UK and Ireland. With 8 auction centres across the country we are continually expanding and currently have an exciting role available within our head office in Belfast.
Outline of Role
This is a permanent full time position based at our Belfast branch.
Wilsons Auctions Group has a requirement to replace an existing Accountant role following the departure of the current job holder.
The role provides a wide range of support to the Financial Controller. It is therefore a key role within the team and the business and an excellent opportunity to develop your career. In the past two years the holder of this position has been involved in three business acquisitions and the integration of the new sites into the wider Wilsons Group as well as direct contact with the company’s solicitors, bankers and auditors.
Day to day tasks include:
- Management accounts
- Significant input into the annual audit
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Stock reconciliations
- VAT refunds for customers
- Assistance with compliance for our auctioneers licence
- Trouble shooting throughout the group
The role will also take responsibility for improving the monthly processes. This will bring the successful candidate into contact with all departments and all branches to target problem areas. Some travel may be required to train or assist colleagues with tasks which are fundamental to the accounts.
Wilsons Auctions has grown significantly in recent years and it is important that the successful candidate will assist with strategic plans for the growth of the business. Therefore a good degree of flexibility will be required to ensure that jobs get completed on time and colleagues are given structures and training to perform underlying tasks accurately.
The candidate will likely display some or all of the following:
- qualified or substantially qualified with any of the three main accountancy bodies
- substantial experience of account reconciliations to trial balance and statutory accounts level
- independently able to complete reconciliations and raise appropriate queries from an audit perspective
- be able to complete jobs requiring independent decision making and implement changes where required
- ability to work with existing staff and give them leadership to improve existing processes
- strong excel skills
- an understanding of the audit process and requirements
- ability to write reports and make recommendations on controls
Details of Company and Finance Team
Wilsons Auctions Limited is a family owned business which was founded in 1939. The business has expanded to include sites in the Republic of Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England. It holds a Deloitte Best Managed Company Award.
It is involved in the auction of a wide range of assets including cars, property, commercial vehicles, plant and machinery.
The finance team consists of a Financial Controller and 8 Belfast based staff. In addition limited finance support resources are located on each site, primarily for cash management processes. The team work 9.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
Please forward a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by Wednesday 18th July at 5.00pm