Wilsons Auctions to Run 78.6 miles for Parkinson's UK
Every year at Wilsons Auctions, we take part in an activity to help raise the awareness of a charity, close to our hearts. This year on the 5th May, 3 brave members of our staff have volunteered to each run, 26.2 miles at the Belfast City Marathon, in aid of Parkinson’s UK.
It’s only with the help and generosity of others, that Parkinson’s UK can continue to work towards their ultimate ambition - to find a cure, and improve the life for everyone affected by this disease.
Here are just a few examples of how your support can help:
- £5 could pay for a week of nutrients to grow brain cells in the lab for research.
- £14 could pay for a helpline adviser to give someone newly diagnosed with Parkinson's the support and information they need.
- £20 could fund an hour of care from a specialist Parkinson's nurse.
- £40 could help us train a health professional to improve the care they offer every day.
- £250 could fund a day of research.
How do I donate?
Visit our JustGiving page
, where you can safely donate to the charity directly, online.
We thank you in advance for your support and why not check out our Wilsons Auctions Facebook page
for pictures of our team at the finish line…. (we hope!)